Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Helvetica



The perfect remedy to my string of bummer docs so far. Kind of slow and different than what I've been watching, but enjoyable in its own right. No tears from anyone anywhere!

Unlike The Cove, and The King of Kong, in which even non-diehards in their respective subjects can find something to relate to or be interested in, I feel like Helvetica is sort of only for people who are at least a bit interested in typefaces. Otherwise, I can see how you can find it boring. Luckily (and boringly, I guess), I am.

It's amazing to think of how many day to day things use Helvetica. Tax forms, USPS, text on the US space shuttle, Staples, Target, Panasonic, Urban Outfitters, American Apparel, JCPenny, TNT, The Office, Run DMC, Sesame Street.

(Just realized that the default font for this blog is Helvetica)

No comments:

Post a Comment