Thursday, September 9, 2010

When You're Strange



This was in my queue...so I watched it. And now I know more about the Doors. But I feel like probably not as much as I'd know if I'd watched Oliver Stones The Doors.

I thought the opening of the movie was like a reenactment. they got an actor to pretend to be Jim Morrison as if he were still alive, listening to himself die on the radio. I...didn't like that. As if he's still alive just kind of wondering the world. From doing a little bit of research I found out that was actual footage of the real Jim from some movie he did back in the day. That's better I guess and it was used nicely for effect.

I don't think I liked the structure of this one, over all. The present tense was very weird to me. It makes it seem like an episode of Behind the Music. The tone of the whole thing was kind of cool. A very quiet kind of dark tone. And it knew what it was in that respect...it just didn't feel like enough. Like it wasn't full enough, if that makes an sense.

On one final note, It's amazing to me that musicians were/are still able to make music on all these drugs. They're still able to remember all their lyrics when they sing live or do recording sessions. That's a skill right there isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment