Thursday, September 30, 2010

Confessions of a Superhero


I think it tried to do a little too much. I was trying to show us too much and get through all of these characters. They went home to talk to Wonder Woman's parents and talked to them about her childhood and how she got to LA. I don't know if all of that completely jelled. I don't really know what else they could do. But eventually it just sort of started dragging on and on.

You know, it did bring humanism to these people I see all the time. But I still feel like when I drive past these people...I don't know if it has changed my opinion on them. It still makes me sad to think people have to do that for a living. They're stuck in this job and it's not even that enjoyable really.

I wouldn't advise aspiring actors to watch this. In that respect, it was super depressing. It makes you think of how many people are in LA trying to act and get into movies. A very small percentage of people in Hollywood even have the talent to do what they're trying to do. On the other hand, it's not always talent that gets the grease...if that's what they say.

And on the other hand again, this thing got really cringeworthy. Superman lying about being Sandy Dennis's son. Batman lying about being a martial arts expert. Wonderwoman doing that really embarrassing audition scene on camera (This is for the...American Idol...DVD...boardgame.). The Hulk is exhomeless. It's really kind of cringeworthy, the whole thing.

On the upside of all of this, it's nice to see that most of these people have significant others though. It's nice to see that everybody can find someone for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment